The Chattanooga Tourism Company has awarded $302,500 to 26 local arts, culture and heritage partners through the inaugural Cultural Tourism Advancement Grant. During the first round of the grant, 45 applicants requested $1.5 million in assistance for events, enhancements, exhibits and more.
The CTO awarded money to the following organizations:
• Adventure Sports Innovation
• Art 120
• Association for Visual Arts
• Barking Legs Theater
• Bessie Smith Cultural Center
• Chatt Taste Food Tours
• Chattanooga Ballet
• Chattanooga Theatre Centre
• Chattanooga Zoo
• Creative Discovery Museum
• Friends of the Festival
• Houston Museum of Decorative Arts
• Hunter Museum of American Art
• National Park Partners
• Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center
• River City Company
• Sculpture Fields at Montague Park
• Songbirds Foundation
• Stove Works
• Tennessee Aquarium
• The Chattanooga Symphony and Opera Association
• The Chattery
• The Ed Johnson Project
• Tivoli Theatre Foundation
• Townsend Atelier
• WanderLinger Brewing Company
Chattanooga Tourism Company developed the grant with funds from lodging taxes paid by visitors when spending the night in Hamilton County. It was designed to support a range of tourism-related projects that would increase brand awareness of Chattanooga, drive visitor demand and support the company’s mission of developing visitor experiences that enhance the economic prosperity of Hamilton County.
Organizations were able to request up to 10% of their total operating budget up to $50,000.
Greatest consideration was given to a project or program’s ability to attract diverse audiences, create economic impact, encourage visitors to travel to or extend their stay in Hamilton County and enhance the visitor experience.
Source: Chattanooga Tourism Company